ICK white spot :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

napacook

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 clown loaches only bought 4days (before picture taken) I noticed the are covered in white spots.... I have (from research) turned my temp up to 27c it's been 6days now and from the photo I posted the loaches have 0 spots I also done 80% water change. I have not bought any treatment for "ICK" just turned the temperature up couple degrees and my loaches look great just wondering if I should actually buy spot treatment or just leave it as my other fish look happy and are feeding very well. ( heard clown loaches don't react well with chemical treatments) but from the photo (5-6) days ago they look fantastic unfortunately I can't get a updated photo as they are hiding away lolImageUploadedByTapatalk1439693680.413109.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439693704.156930.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439693722.732981.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would definitely increase the temp to 30 degrees celcius. The cyclical life of ich means it can and often does disappear for a while then comes raging back worse than before.

You dont need meds, but higher temp would be highly recommended

Delapool great advice forum thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If nothing works than use medication. I have ich in my tank right now and am using medication. (WaterLife protozin) I had ich in my tank before and when I used the medication, it worked great. I really recommend it because, it can treat multiple diseases like fungus, not just ich. The treatment should also be safe with scaleless fish as I had cories in my tank when I treated them.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom