Just getting started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking that too. I can't find any of those rasboras here though. Would it be safe to substitute with a different kind of rasbora?

There are only a few Rasbora that stay small enough for your tank. Celestial Pearl Danios are sometimes easier to find. But they also love live plants, they are shy, so if they don't have a well planted tank they will stress and hide more.

The smaller the fish, the more they appreciate live plants :)

Look at the Mart here, Severum Mama has stuff for sale :)

There are only a few Rasbora that stay small enough for your tank. Celestial Pearl Danios are sometimes easier to find. But they also love live plants, they are shy, so if they don't have a well planted tank they will stress and hide more.

The smaller the fish, the more they appreciate live plants :)

Look at the Mart here, Severum Mama has stuff for sale :)

+1 on the CPD's. They are a great substitute for the Mosquitos if you can't find them. severum mama and HN1 own a fish store, so PM them and see if they have any for sale if your willing to order online. :fish2:

Thank you both. I will look around. I am going to get sand and plants and stuff tomorrow and start cycling the tank. It will be a bit before I add fish so there is time to look.

+1 for pictures! We love to see how your tank is progressing! It may seem difficult at first but it's well worth it once you get your tank going!

Thank you guys. I actually put an order in on a couple of plants from Severum Mama. They should be here in a couple days. I will get some pictures when I put them in. Hopefully I will be ready for the fish soon, the cycling is going pretty well so far.

I was also thinking of a small bubble stone for the tank. How would that work with the plants? Would it negate the CO2 they need by adding more oxygen?

DRad2003 said:
I was also thinking of a small bubble stone for the tank. How would that work with the plants? Would it negate the CO2 they need by adding more oxygen?

You don't want a lot of surface agitation with CO2. You can run the airstone at night. Just put the pump on a timer.

Thank you, I had done some reading about that but what I found was back and forth. What you say seems to be what most people have said. I would only use it at night anyway.

Well the plants came in today.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 58
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 65
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 68
I got my first fish in the tank. It's a Betta.

Attachments

• photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 59
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 59
  • photo9.jpg
    photo9.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 53
  • photo10.jpg
    photo10.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 55
Thank you. He's got quite a personality. I am waiting on my local store to get some Red Cherry Shrimp in to add now.

That's good! You might be careful adding Red Cherry Shrimp with him, I know some people have had problems with betta Eating them but then others have had no problems. I think it mostly just depends on your fish, but if you don't mind the possibility of them getting eating you could always try

I have read about that too. If there is a problem I have another place to put him of he he gets at them. Thank you for saying something though.

DRad2003 said:
I have read about that too. If there is a problem I have another place to put him of he he gets at them. Thank you for saying something though.

Okay that's good:) sounds like your prepared already lol now all you need is to post some pictures!

I also want to find some xmas moss and micro swords. I have a few ideas I'd like to try.

Back
Top Bottom