kingcrab-75 gallon tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kingcrab

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey folks, last night i registered as a new user on here. i just got a free 75 gallon tank from a friend. it was a saltwater set up. I AM GOING FRESH WATER. this tank had 2 holes in the bottom and 2 pipes running up thru the tank. dont know what you call it but im sure its for a filtration system. the pvc pipes were cracked and old. the tank was really dirty with salt deposits inside it...first things first...i pulled out the old pipes and used some detergent and scrubbed the sh*t out of the tank..i then scraped off all the old silicone that was left in and around the holes....

today i went and picked up a iron stand for the tank on craigslist for 20 bucks...then i went to the local hardware store and bought a 1/4 inch thick piece of glass 10 inches long by 5 inches wide, and 100% silicone .
i now cleaned the surface of bolth the tank and the piece of glass that i am going to use as a patch in side my tank at the bottom. i put a fresh bead of silicone around the holes and the glass patch itself...next i laid a few books on top of the patch and i have about 20 pounds of weight on it, and i will wait 24-48 hours for cure time......i will take some pics in the next day or so and try and upload them....

not sure yet

i can tell you this though....a few years back i had a 125 gallon and i had all types of fish in there. because i had gotten them when they were small i really had no ussues with them eating each other...here are just a few i had in my tank...catfish and blue gills and small mouth bass that i had caught at my local lake with a cast net. i also had an eel,cichlids,snakehead,flounder,jacks,and some colorfull fish.as well as plecos,algae eaters..and im sure im missing a few.....now all these fish were about an inch long when i got them and housed them all together...i did have that tank for 2 years and they all grew nicely..to 6 inches or so and never had any problems....it was kind of cool having agressive fish and non agressive fish housed together...and i had made nice rock caves and stuff where each fish had there own house or territory in the tank...but pretty much everyone got along great.....

the new tank will take a few weeks to get up and running. i have to buy the filter and gravel and heater and...well you know...it all cost money !!!!

i do have a question though... have you ever ordered exotic fish on line???
i was checking out a web site that has them delivered to your door step...guaranteed alive.

lighting

so today i went and bought a 36" light from a guy on craigslist.
it is a flora sun..F25/T8 /max plant growth bulb...i can not read where the wattage is....anyone got a clue or guess on the wattage??????

the problem was that there was a little bit of a crusty film on the bulb, so i removed it and used a scrub spong to cleane it and not realizing that i scrubbed off the numbers where it has the wattage......ooops

Back
Top Bottom