Looking for a Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jadedrain_06

Aquarium Advice Regular
Still in the process of cycling my 10 gal tank but I have been browsing LFS trying to see their stock and comparing prices. Unfortunately I have to say Bettas are one of the most neglected fish out there....I am sure this is not news to anyone. Is there any online breeders that you guys would recommend? I have never had a Betta and would appreciate a breeder who cares about the fish's well being and would be able to help me if I had general questions or concerns. Thanks!

I got both of mine from the LFS in their little cup... each one now has his own 5 gallon he shares with 3 ghost shrimp. Their colors have gotten much brighter and their "attitudes" have really come into their own. They each have their own little quirks.

My blue/green/red one for example, every time I open the lid to go to feed him, as soon as he sees my fingers he jumps out of the water to try to get the food. He will eat right out of my hand as well. My red one just swims about halfway to the top, then waits for me to put the food in the water, and he "stalks" it... they are beautiful fish.

If I was a betting man, I would say even breeders keep betas in very small cups as the males just can't be put together, so it's easier for storage reasons than using a bigger aquarium for 1 fish.

I'd pick one up from the LFS and make him a new home and give him a better life.

Back
Top Bottom