my 10 gallon setup!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish Novice 12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Finally upgraded from a 3 gal to a 10 gal. Previously had 1 female adult 3 spot blue gourami, 1 common pleco, and 1 golden snail. Just today I got another female blue, and she is getting along pretty well with the other blue so far. A little bit of chasing each other around here and there, but from past experiences this happens to all of the new fish being introduced to the community :)

Your common pleco is going to overload the 10gal quickly. They are huge waste producers and he is going to outgrow the tank pretty fast size-wise, too.

Oh... I guess I didn't know that, but for now he is taking care of my algae problem at least! In my smaller tank the algae was out of control until I got him. I guess I will keep him for now until he gets big, and then I will worry about moving him. Thanks for the advice! :)

I don't want to burst your bubble further but your three spot gourami's are also going to get way too large for your tank and you'll have to rehome them when they start getting bigger. A 10g tank is very limited to what types of fish will work in them. A single betta or a school of nano fish work the best.

Thanks for being honest now I will keep that in mind and start saving up for a bigger setup!

Back
Top Bottom