my first tank funeral :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

11bkd

Aquarium Advice Regular
After a stressful few days with the change of tanks, one of our gold mountain minnows has died :(

On the plus side my four year old seems to be offering the rest counselling at the moment. Didn't see that one coming!

The remaining five all seem back to normal so thanks for the advice guys, looks like they were just freaked out by the move. Hopefully now we're over the first funeral I can be less neurotic.

Now we have one gold mountain minnow and four zebra dannios. Should I get another few shoalling fish in just now? My last minnow is swimming on his own :( Should I wait a few weeks first since the move was only two days ago? I was hoping to expand our population but don't want to kill anyone either.

Thanks! X

I would wait till everything stabilizes personally. But it really just depends on how you handled the tank and filter media. If you get a mini cycle , everything should be good already, but if your bb all died then its like starting from the beginning .... :(
Just test , test , and test :) good luck!

Hi, it was a tank upgrade and I used everything from the old tank unrinsed to try to keep my bacteria. I did have to add 35 litre of new water though so not sure if it will have settled yet? My water levels are good just now. I'll get them checked again tomorrow and maybe get him a few new pals. Thanks. X

Ok keep us posted and I hope everything works out for you! :) good luck with your up grade and new little buddy's!

Back
Top Bottom