Need help/advise asap :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pscotty

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So have had my 30l baby biorb for over a week now, I didn't cycle (I didn't even know you had too as silly as it sounds) yes I know I should of researched!

I have a few zebra danios (if that's how you spell them) and 4 guppies, 3 females and 1 male!

Have been doing water changes and I don't have a test kit as of yet none of my fish shops have any in

My male guppy as died tho now all over fish seem ok but my water is cloudy what can I do? and if all how long will it take to cycle?

So have had my 30l baby biorb for over a week now, I didn't cycle (I didn't even know you had too as silly as it sounds) yes I know I should of researched!

I have a few zebra danios (if that's how you spell them) and 4 guppies, 3 females and 1 male!

Have been doing water changes and I don't have a test kit as of yet none of my fish shops have any in

My male guppy as died tho now all over fish seem ok but my water is cloudy what can I do? and if all how long will it take to cycle?

It won't be cycled for another 4-6 weeks. And almost all fish shops has API Test Kits. They are a MUST. What do you feed your fish? It could be overfeeding that's causing it to cloud up. How many gallons is the tank? You might've overstocked it.

Its a 30l so I think that's a 8 gallon not sure? will they all die? what can I do to stop they dying and make sure my tank and cycled and no my petshop doesn't I have asked for the kit and there out of stock so the man said.

Its a 30l so I think that's a 8 gallon not sure? will they all die? what can I do to stop they dying and make sure my tank and cycled and no my petshop doesn't I have asked for the kit and there out of stock so the man said.

You should only have the danios in that small of a tank. You had 9 fish in a tank that is supposed to hold a maximum (stuffed to the gills) of 8. It's fine now that you only have 8 though. And how long ago did the guppy die?

You should only have the danios in that small of a tank. You had 9 fish in a tank that is supposed to hold a maximum (stuffed to the gills) of 8. It's fine now that you only have 8 though. And how long ago did the guppy die?

My guppy died a few hours before I found this forum, the other 3 female guppys and the danios are swimming around fine at the moment.

My guppy died a few hours before I found this forum, the other 3 female guppys and the danios are swimming around fine at the moment.

The nitrite levels must be through the roof. Do you have a Petco or pet smart near you? If so, go now to get an API Test Kit or your fish WILL die.

The nitrite levels must be through the roof. Do you have a Petco or pet smart near you? If so, go now to get an API Test Kit or your fish WILL die.

Am from the UK and no shops are open at 11:39pm in the night.

Psscotty, take one step at a time & we ll help you thru this. Once you have the test kit, read about 'Fish in cycling '. You can Google it or read the stickie under Freshwater Getting Started stickies.
Once you ve tested the water, depending on the readings, you ll prob have to do a water change. Do you have any friends with established tanks to get some bio media from? Or ask your fish store to wring out a sponge & add the water to your tank.

Am from the UK and no shops are open at 11:39pm in the night.

Alright. Well, if its your nitrite (which I think it is), do a 50% water change ASAP, then leave the aquarium light off for the rest of the night, then do a 20% change tomorrow morning, then tomorrow afternoon get the test kit and come back to me :) he may have died from bad acclamation. Where did you buy him from? A LFS or a MCPS?

I will get a kit tomorrow, I did a 40% water change today so is it really a good idea to do another one?

I will get a kit tomorrow, I did a 40% water change today so is it really a good idea to do another one?

If I were you I would do at least 2 more 50% water changes on the tank. Wait 1 hour inbetween the water changes though. You really need to get your ammonia levels down to safe concentrations. With that many fish in a tank that size I would highly recommend daily 50% water changes. Every other day at the very most.

Also, what are you using for a dechlorinator?

Back
Top Bottom