New & need help stocking 32 gal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poppy27

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello
I was hoping to get some help with my 32 gal (long, cycled, some real plants and bog/driftwood) as I'm fairly new to tropical fish (only had fancy goldfish before) so I'm unsure of stocking rules, compatibility etc.
I've done a lot of Googling but the internet is full of conflicting advice!!

I currently have 4 pearl danios. I've read that they prefer to be in groups of 5 or 6 so my first job is to buy 1 or 2 more.
After that, I'd like Corys, guppies and tetras.
How does this sound...??
6 pearl danios
5x Corys (peppered maybe)
6x guppies (should I get all male or will there be aggression? Otherwise, 2 male, 4 female)
6x neon tetras

Will I be overstocked? I'd also quite like some shrimp as I understand they keep the tank clean but don't contribute much to the bioload.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great, thanks!!!

You shouldn't be overstocked. If you keep corydoras with the shrimp, you probably won't find smaller shrimp so keep that in mind.

Thanks for your reply. Good to know I'll get the stocking right.
Do you mean that the Corys will eat small/baby shrimp??

Also is there any particular order I should add the fish in to ensure a peaceful community?
Thanks

With the fish you have listed you will be fine in any order.

All fish will eat shrimp, well most.

I have 20 red cherry shrimp in a 75g that heavily planted which allows them a lot of hidding place. Also with my dwarf sag carpet the can be on the ground and be protected from the sag jungle the fish can't get them. I may lose some.here and there but they keep breeding so I will have lots in no time.

If you can provide a lot of plants and hiding.for shrimp they should be okay.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok thanks. I have some plants but not loads, mostly attached to driftwood. Perhaps I'll get some more plants too.

Could I have 2 gourami as well or would that be overstocking??

Back
Top Bottom