New tank 147 Litres coming soon! (just under 40 US gallons)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tinkster87

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all

I haven't really been commenting since my first aquarium (10 gallon) cycled and fishes were fine, though I have been checking back and reading often.

I should be within the next 8 weeks purchasing a new tank which will be about 37 (US) gallons. Yes I have genuinely annoyed my parter so much that she has gave in and let me get another MUCH BIGGER one!

I brought another filter sponge at the weekend which should fit the tank I will get and I have put it in the filter compartment on my 10 gallon so it can get full of bacteria. Yes I will be doing a fishless cycle.

Once the tank has cycled, I will be taking the Embers and Pitbull out of the current 10 Gallon so Lemmy my Betta can have the whole thing to himself and hopefully be calmer!

So stocking ideas:

4 Ember Tetras from old tank
4 Pitbull Plecos (using 1 from old tank)
8 Cardinal tetras (will these shoal with Embers?)
2 German Blue Rams or Dwarf Gouramis

Then I am not sure, the missus really wants guppys but will have to see. Any comments and/or suggestions for tank mates appreciated - we want lots of different colours in the tank. Exciting times!

Back
Top Bottom