New to aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bowdenjoe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've done a lot of research into aquariums and have planned financially but may not have planned my ideas very well.
This what I would like, a blue jack dempsey and a gold severum but wondering what other fish go in(or out). I was wondering about a farlowella? Uv steriliser for the ebjd? Good dither fish? Bigger aquarium?

I've done a lot of research into aquariums and have planned financially but may not have planned my ideas very well.
This what I would like, a blue jack dempsey and a gold severum but wondering what other fish go in(or out). I was wondering about a farlowella? Uv steriliser for the ebjd? Good dither fish? Bigger aquarium?

Hi welcome in,

I can't comment much on those fish. If you get no responses then I'd post in FW general enquiries.

UV units will help with water clarity but I've found it's not essential. You will need a really good one if you want to kill bacteria in the water.

I'm not sure what aquarium size you are looking at but go as big as you can on this. The rest can be added later.

Usually I suggest to work out what you want and then buy next size up lol.

I looked at a 3 ft, bought a 4ft and wish I had bought a 6ft now but don't really need it. However i want to shift it and the work involved would be major.

Also the deeper the tank, the better the lights need to be to get the penetration if you want to grow plants.

I used to have 25 to 40gal tanks which are easier to handle. Also used to have a 6gal betta tank which was great fun breeding bettas in as well so just depends.

Back
Top Bottom