New to forum..hello all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

randarie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just found this app, hoping to find information about my new fish friends.
I have a 3 gallon tank with a beautiful male betta. He is a red/blue/aqua iridescent, crowntail, I believe. His name is Rainbow-fly, named by my four-year old about a year and a half ago. We love him! He is great and has an awesome temperment.
Recently set up my 20 gallon long tank after being in storage for about 4 years. Have added all silk plants. Would love live plants but encountered an awful snail infestation the last time it was up and running, so for now, silk will do.
Bought my fish 3 days ago from my local trusted fish store. I have been buying fish from them for about 6 years and never had issues. They have a great reputation. We ended up buying 6 Honey Sunset Gouramis. They appear to be all male. Thus, my concerns. I have always been under the impression that multiple males are not a good idea. The man at the fish store assured me they would be fine in their current dwelling situation. I am not so sure. They were housed together at the fish store, and are peaceful and great in my tank. I am worried about future issues arising. Thet seem to have plenty of space and enough cover to be happy.
Anyone have experience that may be of use? Also, I am concerned with the fact that their beautiful blue markings could be dye? Any info or experience with this particular breed would be great.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130818_121112.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130818_121112.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 72
Hello randarie, welcome to the forum :fish2:

Sunset gouramis after all are part of the betta family, so 6 males in a 20 gallon long is just a time bomb
I would only keep one, as females are hard to find
Also, go for live plants! Just thoroughly wash them and you should be set

Back
Top Bottom