Noob to this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the dwarf gourami and some nano fish idea...or even a betta and some nano fish

I like the dwarf gourami and some nano fish idea...or even a betta and some nano fish

Betas are really cool in a community tank but the only risk is that you get a beta that will kill your other fish as well. Each beta has a different personality.
A dwarf gourami and a school of nano fish would be an awesome tank. The dg would be the centerpiece fish while the other would be the schooling fish.

Neons are known for being pretty weak because they're extremely overbred and often kept in very unhealthy conditions at pet stores, thus they sometimes bring ich home too. For a beginner 10 gal I'd recommend the following different options:

1 betta

6 chili rasboras and a honey gourami or red cherry shrimp

Endlers livebearers

Thank you guys for all the help... when I get it up I'll be sure to post pics! :)

I would suggest a dwarf gourami- they have such beautiful colors... And can develop quite the personality once they warm up to you..... My dwarf gourami is my favorite in my tank. ;)

Also maybe a school of neons..... I have 10 neons and they have never had ich (& I'm not the most experienced fish owner either, I'm quite new to the hobby)

You'll want a clean up crew of some kind.... (Others on the forum more experienced may be able to offer guidance on what to buy.. ) but maybe some ghost shrimp and a mystery snail, ,maybe some type of algae eater, and some bottom feeders- those are just some types of fish /invertebrates that help clean.... Like I said someone more experience could guide you as to which you need...

I wouldn't buy an African dwarf frog unless you really really want one because they spend most of their time hinding.... Its sometimes can be hard to get them to eat.... I mean don't get me wrong, I like them, I've had two.... But for little amount of time you actually get to see the frog it's not worth it, IMO.

Good luck, I wish I would of found this forum before I set my tank up.... Your saving yourself headache and money by coming here first. ;)

Dwarf guramis, ours are beautifully colored and chase each other around the tank. When we are vacuuming our tank. They both swim up to either of us and if we cup our hand they will chill there. In the water of course. Also we have a Balloon Molly and he chases the bubbles

Back
Top Bottom