Noob to this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey guys and gals! I'm super novice with anything other than bettas..I inherited a 29 gallon tank with fish filter and heater..but I think the heater is faulty..one small fish is sidling up to the heater so I touched the thing and it barely feels warm...took it out urged it in another outlet and it got really hot..put it back in now just feels barely warm..water feels room temp...do I need a new one? Thanks for your help!

Hey guys and gals! I'm super novice with anything other than bettas..I inherited a 29 gallon tank with fish filter and heater..but I think the heater is faulty..one small fish is sidling up to the heater so I touched the thing and it barely feels warm...took it out urged it in another outlet and it got really hot..put it back in now just feels barely warm..water feels room temp...do I need a new one? Thanks for your help!

What is the water temp right now?

I suggest getting a thermometer. Just touching a heater won't do much to tell the water temp. What heater is this?

Did you get a thermometer for the tank? Place it at the opposite end of the heater, give it time to adjust, then read it. That way you can be sure of the temp rather than going by touch.

I'm getting a thermometer (duh) lol..thanks! I'm so new to this! I love reading the threads! You guys are teaching me so much..thanks again!

I'm getting a thermometer (duh) lol..thanks! I'm so new to this! I love reading the threads! You guys are teaching me so much..thanks again!

Don't worry about it... everyone starts somewhere... (I'm a boobies too hence why this forum is here) everyone is here to help

Back
Top Bottom