Noob to this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I learn something new everyday reading these forums-it's a great resource to have!

I'm getting a thermometer (duh) lol..thanks! I'm so new to this! I love reading the threads! You guys are teaching me so much..thanks again!

What heater is it and how many watts is it? And no problem about the help. :) Even I learn something new everyday.

I'm planning to do the Dwarf Gourami and some Harlequin Rasbora ... but should I get different fish for the cycling process?

I have a 10g freshwater community with 5 albino pristella tetras and 5 emerald dwarf rasbora danios. It's a beautiful mix of color and the albinos look cool when you turn off all of your lights and just leave the aquarium light on. I'd suggest that. They are all good, hardy fish that have lived through my mistakes.

I have a 10g freshwater community with 5 albino pristella tetras and 5 emerald dwarf rasbora danios. It's a beautiful mix of color and the albinos look cool when you turn off all of your lights and just leave the aquarium light on. I'd suggest that. They are all good, hardy fish that have lived through my mistakes.

Or you can get the gold pristella tetras. Albino and gold look very similar.

Ya she told me that it would try to assert dominance so it would pick on the harlequin rasboras

I've been in the hobby over 30 years and Dwarf gourami's can often be quite aggressive. They are just like Betta's in respect to having individual temperaments. So that employee didn't give you bad advice! It just depends on the individual fish you get. Plus aggression can start months or even years down the road for no apparent reason. I've kept Dwarf gourami with Harlequin rasbora's (even have both in my 220g 100% planted tank right now) so I can tell you that adding a lot of plants, whether real or fake, is a good idea as it breaks the line of sight up in the tank and gives the rasbora's a place to retreat to if they ever feel threatened.

I've experienced something similiar. When I first got my dwarf fire gouramis, they swam together all over the tank. Now, one chases the other poor thing all over the tank. It was like a night and day switch, bizarre and I feel bad so I will be putting the one getting chased in a seperate tank.

Back
Top Bottom