Now what!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melaniew55

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have upgraded from a ten gallon to a 55. First I added partial of the old filter media into the 55. After two days ammonia/nitrite/nitrate were all 0. Moved over the HOB filter to the 55 gallon to run along side the canister to help get the bacteria in. I then moved my other fish. I have 3 tetra, 3 loach, and 2 baby albino pleco. One loach died this morning, so immediately I tested. 0 everything again. I did noticed the other day when I put it in the tank it had a huge belly but I thought it was eggs after researching.
Now, I have lost one pleco.
Not sure what I am doing wrong. Temp is good, brought over all the media from the old tank. Same fish from previous tank. 0 readings on everything. Ideas? I was hoping to really not loose any of them of course! ?

To kill fish so quickly, most likely cause is temperature or pH shock. You say the temp is ok, but is there a temperature difference between the 2 tanks or could there have been when you moved the fish. Is there a pH difference between the 2 tanks? Did you acclimate the fish when moving them the same as you would when buying new fish?

The temp was within the same range and I did acclimate. It may have been the PH. I did not test the old tanks Ph before moving them. The other fish all seem to be doing good.

Back
Top Bottom