Re starting my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazin.sunny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im planning on switching my 70 gallon tank to a semi agressive tank..it is a community tank rright now.

but my main question is this. I introduced a sick neon to my tank that wipped out my whole stock..so before re starting my tank should I change all the water out and clean the gravel prkperly, then re fill the tank and let it just cycle the water without any fish in it for a week then be okay to add fish or what do you suggest I do??

any help is appreciated..and sorry for any mis spellings, im using my phone to post this.

And another question. I have a pleco, and an algea eater and about 4 african dwarf frogs. What should I or could I do for them ?

I would start from scratch as far as the water by recycling the tank. Whatever your Neon had that wiped out your entire stock could still be in the water. your plecos are pretty hearty fish so I think it should be ok in the new tank. what type of algae eater is it? What type of fish are you putting together in the new tank? I am not sure about the dwarf frogs though. All in all, I would recycle the tank.

Just remember if you're going to keep it cycled for longer than a few days before adding fish you're going to need to add an ammonia source to keep the bacteria fed. Pure ammonia is best and easiest. Dose ammonia to 3-4 on the API kit every 24 hours assuming the ammonia goes to 0 by then (it should if the tank is cycled).

Back
Top Bottom