Sand substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Asbestos

Aquarium Advice Activist
I set up a tank yesterday its my second tank, and i got a sand substrate, so my question is whats the best way to go about stirring the sand natural? as in Malaysian trumpet snails. Or will regular apple snails work? because i have no idea where to find Malaysian trumpet snails the pet stores around here don't have any. or would like a heard of ghost shrimp work :D.

You can get MTS off aquabid or ebay. I think you can get like 100 for $10-$15. Make sure you stir it yourself after you fill it though. I don't think apple snails go under sand, and I am pretty sure they get the size of a golfball lol. And I am not sure about the shrimp.

apple and mystery snails are cool, and i definately suggest getting one just for a "cool factor" lol. what kind of sand did you get? you could place a wanted ad on here, alot of people will send you mts just for shipping

I set up a tank yesterday its my second tank, and i got a sand substrate, so my question is whats the best way to go about stirring the sand natural? as in Malaysian trumpet snails. Or will regular apple snails work? because i have no idea where to find Malaysian trumpet snails the pet stores around here don't have any. or would like a heard of ghost shrimp work :D.

Horseface loaches would do it. I think kuhli loaches like to burrow and move about but I'm not entirely sure

Back
Top Bottom