Shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Suki

Aquarium Advice Newbie
As a complete beginner I'm finding everything quite difficult at the moment, I've just had a disaster with my son emptying a tub of food into tank which I couldn't fish out unfortunately and tank resembled pea soup :-/ I couldn't do anything immediately (was about 6 hours later) but as soon as I could I noticed hundreds of snails had climbed out and one of my neons had died (and had a bite taken out of him) I attempted to try n save my fish and started fishing them out and put them in a bowl- I nearly died when my male Molly decided to jump out of bowl but retrieved him n put him back, I carefully put my 3 remaining Molly fry in a seperate bowl although they were about 6 weeks old but didn't want to chance it- as I put another neon in with my mollys the male was so quick he jumped again n wriggled off table onto floor n I had a job catching him! So when I needed to put last neon in I decided against giving Molly male the opportunity to jump again and felt he would be trustworthy (and too small) to eat my baby mollys so placed him there- only to discover 20 mins later one of babies missing- I assumed he'd been eaten but checked around incase he had jumped but felt he wouldn't have as I've never seen any of them jump b4 and he's so used to confines of small nursery anyway! Next morning I found poor baby under table- he had jumped and poor old neon had been blamed! Now I have fish in all new water (with tap safe) what else can I do? I can't have any more disasters as I've become very fond of them, there's so much I should have known before getting these fish, I'd only ever had goldfish and had no problems :-(

Last edited:
As a complete beginner I'm finding everything quite difficult at the moment, I've just had a disaster with my son emptying a tub of food into tank which I couldn't fish out unfortunately and tank resembled pea soup :-/ I couldn't do anything immediately (was about 6 hours later) but as soon as I could I noticed hundreds of snails had climbed out and one of my neons had died (and had a bite taken out of him) I attempted to try n save my fish and started fishing them out and put them in a bowl- I nearly died when my male Molly decided to jump out of bowl but retrieved him n put him back, I carefully put my 3 remaining Molly fry in a seperate bowl although they were about 6 weeks old but didn't want to chance it- as I put another neon in with my mollys the male was so quick he jumped again n wriggled off table onto floor n I had a job catching him! So when I needed to put last neon in I decided against giving Molly male the opportunity to jump again and felt he would be trustworthy (and too small) to eat my baby mollys so placed him there- only to discover 20 mins later one of babies missing- I assumed he'd been eaten but checked around incase he had jumped but felt he wouldn't have as I've never seen any of them jump b4 and he's so used to confines of small nursery anyway! Next morning I found poor baby under table- he had jumped and poor old neon had been blamed! Now I have fish in all new water (with tap safe) what else can I do? I can't have any more disasters as I've become very fond of them, there's so much I should have known before getting these fish, I'd only ever had goldfish and had no problems :-(
Ignore heading

Back
Top Bottom