Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JayeTre

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 3 snails who love to uproot my plants. Any suggestions? In addition, I need to switch from gravel to sand. I do have full bio-life going at the moments

I've never had that issue with snails before, but maybe you should try to put bigger rocks around the roots or something to block the snails? Also, I would NOT switch from gravel to sand. Maybe if you're a more experienced tank keeper you can do it, but from my personal experience it is not good having sand substrate (at least as a beginner). When I first set up my tank, I used sand and it completely ruined my tank. The water was never clear and I was told it would kill my fish to keep the sand because it clogs up their respiratory system. In the end, I had to do a complete water change and scrub the whole tank out. Once again, if you have experience with this don't let me stop you; I just had issues with sand.

I never thought sand could kill my fish. :( I don't want that. I'll stick with rocks I have and try your suggestions. Thanks

All my tanks have sand and I have never had a problem

Well, it was my first time having a tank so I didn't know what I was doing, but my sand never cleared up. Like I said in my first post, some people might be fine with sand, but I had a bad experience and all my fish did die.

Back
Top Bottom