Spare 10 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soul-Man22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have an extra 10 gal sitting around since I upgraded to a 35. I just went to the LFS to pick up some supplies for my other tank I saw the Berta's like I do every time and was about to walk out with one when I remembered that I have no where it put it. My idea would be to do a male betta, with maybe a small school of fish like neons or something, and a group of Cory's for the bottom. Is this an ok idea? I have never tried to do a tank like this with a betta so I'm my sure what would work, I'm open to any ideas about this tank! Thanks!

That should work. I've kept bettas with livebearers, tetras and non-aggressive barbs.

Ok cool! Thanks for the help. I have an aqueon quiet flow 20 that I had on the 10 previously and I kept it hooked up to the 35 for more filtration so it has all the bacteria in it. How long should I let the filter run to seed the new bacteria?

You should probably run it for a week or so. Try not to over stock, the rule I use is " for every inch of fish, a gallon of water".

Back
Top Bottom