STOCKING 29 gallon-help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BamBamFishKid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I still havent set up the 29 gallon high freshwater yet. Mom says she will buy me the rest of my equipment if I wait till christmas(filter,sand,decore).
I think I will stock it with the following but i need opinions.
5 silver hatchetfish
2 angels
5 cory cats

What else can I add? I want a blood parrot though.... Or a pair of convicts...
I would replace the angel with one of the two. what kind of stock would you have?
my basic "template" for choosing fish is 1 or 2 centerpiece fish, or 2 schools of small fish, and a group of cory cats or 1 large scavengers

so my question is if you would change anything in my stocking, what would it be? or if you would completely change it, how would you stock it using my template?

What kind of cory cat will you get ? I like the juli peppered and sterbia, but I have yet to see sterbia in my area. My 29 gal has 5 female 3 male fancy guppy 3 peppered 2 juli cory cat and will add my dwarf honey sunset gourami after its qaurentined

So I still havent set up the 29 gallon high freshwater yet. Mom says she will buy me the rest of my equipment if I wait till christmas(filter,sand,decore).
I think I will stock it with the following but i need opinions.
5 silver hatchetfish
2 angels
5 cory cats

What else can I add? I want a blood parrot though.... Or a pair of convicts...
I would replace the angel with one of the two. what kind of stock would you have?
my basic "template" for choosing fish is 1 or 2 centerpiece fish, or 2 schools of small fish, and a group of cory cats or 1 large scavengers

so my question is if you would change anything in my stocking, what would it be? or if you would completely change it, how would you stock it using my template?

Alrighty, first no angels, convicts, or blood parrots. These all get HUGE! An adult angel can reach 6in from mouth to tail but 12 in to fin tip to tip. I think the cories are a great idea along with hatchet fish, would could go with a butterfly pleco,a dwarf groumai, a calm betta, GBRs, apostos as center pieces. I do not mean all of those. You could also do a 6/8 school of tetras or loaches instead of cories

Back
Top Bottom