Stocking a 50 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doomsday

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thinking 6 neon tetras (gonna use for cycling) 6 payday Corey cats and 4 hatchets what else do you think I can stock I was thinking maybe a few clown loches, elephant nose, what do you think I should do?
I'm not doing a planted tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What do you plan on having for cover with no plants? I know from experience that neons appreciate some plant cover. Hatchet fish also like to have some floating plants to swim amongst.

I think you should skip on the clown loaches. I also don't think you should cycle your tank with neons. Sensitive fish like that aren't the best fit for the job. I would get way more hatchet fish than 4 - they do best in a large group and you have the tank size to accommodate that. Same goes for any schooling fish you might get.

Fish will use anything you give them for cover. Real plants or fake, they use them both.

I think you should skip on the clown loaches. I also don't think you should cycle your tank with neons. Sensitive fish like that aren't the best fit for the job. I would get way more hatchet fish than 4 - they do best in a large group and you have the tank size to accommodate that. Same goes for any schooling fish you might get.

Fish will use anything you give them for cover. Real plants or fake, they use them both.

How many hatches would u say

Back
Top Bottom