Stocking Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Solarris

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am about to start up my first aquarium in the next few days. Right now I am planning a 55 gallon freshwater and had a question about stocking it. As of now I am planning on having 4 angelfish, 4 gouramis, 6 black skirt tetras, and 1 synodontis angelicus catfish. Does this look ok for a 55 gallon? Also, I've seen websites that say you should always keep gouramis in groups of 4 or more and i've also seen some that say you shouldn't keep them together at all. I was thinking maybe 1 male and 3 female gouramis but am still not sure. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
Also, which gouramis would be a good choice for this size tank?

i dont no about the gouramis but everything else should be fine. also make sure uve cycled the tank b4 u add fish though

Welcome to AA first. If you have not already cycled your tank please read the links in my signature about cycling. That is step number 1 to a happy healthy aquarium.

Welcome to AA first. If you have not already cycled your tank please read the links in my signature about cycling. That is step number 1 to a happy healthy aquarium.

If you are going to cycle the tank using fish then I wouldsuggest a pair of mollies as if they survive the cycling (which they most likely will very hardy imo) then they will be fine with the fish listed also.

Back
Top Bottom