Stocking my 29 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Disagree with the fact that it is overstocked. The fact that there are 0 middle level schoolers. In my above post I stated some alternitives

I think it's wise not to push the stocking limit of a tank. There's nothing wrong with being fully stocked, but for a new tank, being understocked gives you wiggle room, and it's generally more prudent. If you're just getting started, you're bound to make mistakes, as we *all* do, and if you're not at the tank limits, those mistakes may not be as difficult to recover from. A tank is an evolving thing. Many people enjoy the process more than the end result. An understocked tank doesn't mean an uninteresting tank at all.

I have a 29 and it's not *that* big. They're only 18 inches tall, and when you add substrate, you have several fewer vertical inches. In my humble opinion, there isn't room for a "mid-level" schooler. My cories spend plenty of time going up and down and my "upper level" fish easily cover the top 2/3rds of the tank. I had a vague stocking plan in my head for my 29, but when it was up and running, I found less was more.

My point is: enjoy the process of picking your fish and take time to watch them before adding more. I think the OP can have a great-looking aquarium with an entertaining stock.

Back
Top Bottom