Stocking my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StagPursey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi
I'm not sure if this is supposed to ask this but here goes :)
I've recently got my first aquarium and i'm cycling it at the moment but i can't make up my mind on what to stock it with. My 2 options are
1. 2 dwarf gourami and 8 neon tetras
or
2. 1 male betta and 8 cardinal tetras

Idealy i want 2 dwarf gourami and 8 cardinals but i don't think my tank is big enough.
What should i do?

I do not think neons or cardinals make a difference. I would do only one DG. I think the choice between those two is up to you either would work.

ok thanks if i wanted a male and female dwarf gourami how many cardinals should i get?

Cardinals take a lot of talent to keep the are very delicate and they wouldn't do good with gourami because they need low ph like 6.8 they are good with angels but really hard to keep alive

xfactor6699 said:
Cardinals take a lot of talent to keep the are very delicate and they wouldn't do good with gourami because they need low ph like 6.8 they are good with angels but really hard to keep alive

I'm assuming that's why they are also kept with discus too?

Fishkeeper26 said:
I'm assuming that's why they are also kept with discus too?

Yes absolutely I have a dwarf gourami with neons and they do fine just watch neons they have their own disease which is why I won't get more

Yes neons can be very delicate at times, but in this case I think they would work

Fishkeeper26 said:
Yes neons can be very delicate at times, but in this case I think they would work

The only thing is they are on different sides of the ph spectrum

Fishkeeper26 said:
Neons and gouramis?

No no cardinals and gourami... A bit of advice do as u want I would stay away from cardinals until u get really far into this hobby

oh ok thank you :) hmm so what do you guys think would look good in my tank?

Haha I think were both trying to say the same thing.

Neons and gouramis would work together, cardinals and gouramis wouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom