stocking suggestions / Overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryanman

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have a 75 gal. 4 ft. with:
1 blue gourami
1 opaline gourami
1 high fin platy
1 pineapple platy
5 danios
2 balloon belly
1 african leaf fish
1 pleco
1 albino brislenose pleco
3 gold panda lyretail molly
2 mystery snails
4 assorted plants

substrate sand, fluva 306 humming 0 ammonia, had a brief problem with high nitrates but that's solved. Was thinking of maybe adding a small scool of 5 or so cory cats, and a couple more platys. Would this overstock my tank? or am i just worrying for nothing? I have read a lot of where people seem to have a lot of fish for their size tank.
Thanks

I think you would be ok adding. You might want to add a filter, maybe an AC 50 or 70 just to help your canister out. I have 2 canisters running on my 75 gallon.

The only suggestion i would make is to rehome the leaf fish since it is predatory and is agressive those danios will become food and if those platies are small theyll eventually be food too

Sent from my SM-T217S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The only suggestion i would make is to rehome the leaf fish since it is predatory and is agressive those danios will become food and if those platies are small theyll eventually be food too

Sent from my SM-T217S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Definitely, I am fully aware he can eat anything smaller than his mouth. He is only about an inch and a half right now though so i have some time. I was a bit curious though that aqadvisor has no qualms with this pairing. they only say i should ot house 2 gourami together.

On the other hand great news that i should be able to add some cory cats without worrying about a bio load re-cycling.

Back
Top Bottom