Tank decorations and driftwood not sinking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ranicrab

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! We got 2 pieces of Malaysian driftwood for our 20 gallon tank and soaked both for 1 week - 1 sank and 1 didn't. We are going to try to boil the piece that didn't sink, and were also thinking we could try to hold it down in the tank with some tile - is porcelain tile OK to put in a tank?

We have new growth on our Rotala already - so exciting! Still waiting for the cycle to complete so we can add some fish, but for now we are having fun getting it prepared:)

Hi! We got 2 pieces of Malaysian driftwood for our 20 gallon tank and soaked both for 1 week - 1 sank and 1 didn't. We are going to try to boil the piece that didn't sink, and were also thinking we could try to hold it down in the tank with some tile - is porcelain tile OK to put in a tank?

We have new growth on our Rotala already - so exciting! Still waiting for the cycle to complete so we can add some fish, but for now we are having fun getting it prepared:)

When I got my driftwood, I put it in my tank with a rock on top of it for 2 1/2 - 3 weeks...

I always boil my wood for an hour or so changing the water a few times during the process. I've never had a problem with them floating.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds good - does it smell bad when you boil the driftwood? I read somewhere that it did, but maybe that wasn't the kind you get from the pet shop...thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom