Week 2 Pics Up!!! Tell me what you think....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquariumFreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is the plant in the front.. .I am soo impressed how well it came in.. (easily impress plant novice) :)

It's my Glossostigma Elatinoides.... I am very happy with how quick it has been filling in even though it is showing a little of brown algea

Just something to keep in mind - I noticed you used pictures from other websites. Did you ask permission? I know that some webmasters get ticked off when their images are stolen.

I used pics for the fish/plant profiles and I did send emails asking for permission... I also am planning on adding them to the link section when I get a chance.

I'll most likely start replacing the pics with my own too....

AquariumFreak said:
It's my Glossostigma Elatinoides.... I am very happy with how quick it has been filling in even though it is showing a little of brown algea

did you have to plant each piece separately?

looks awesome.....i'm in the process of doing a 90gal planted as well, so I am extremley pumped after seeing some of your photos.

Great job :D

Do you have an estimate on how much everything cost? I might do something like this in the future. Also, do you have a picture of the tank with the stand and hood and everything?

Aquariumfreak,

The tank looks wonderful. It's very nicely landscaped. I wish I had a 90 rather than a 55. A 55 is so difficult to landscape given its depth of 13 inches!

Just so you know, species names of plants and fish alike are capitalized only for the genus, not for the species. So, "Glossostigma elatinoides," not "Glossostigma Elatinoides." Since you have such a wonderful website set up, I thought you might want to be 100% correct on everything.

Again, great tank!
Jon

Very nice Jeff. And great website! When your Alternanthera reineckii kicks into gear with the softer water they will get big fast after a few months of time. Mine struggled and didn't grow much till I finally kept my pH down... in the mid sixes.

I was adding too much baking soda to my super soft water. I wasn't measuring the sitting pH and it would rise a point higher after a day or two. Boy was that frustrating. :( Took a while to figure that dumb mistake out, but what a difference after realizing the mistake... and later adding my in line CO2 reactor. That was when things started really meshing in the tank... :D

Your tank is beautiful! How do you manage to keep the plants that are shaded or the bottom of the plants alive? Mine seem to always rot from the bottom up...

Back
Top Bottom