What are the Best Schooling Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beginner on the loose

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys! Starting up a new tank, its just a small 20 gallon (freshwater community) and I was wondering what fish school nicely because I am going for about three different schools, also please take appearance into accout, i have my eye on red pencil fish, ghost glass cats, and I dont know what else, also if either listed above do not school well please inform me. Thanks for the Help!

I recommend some kind of tetra or danio, but it depends on your tank size. Do you want them to be colorful, hardy, active, or easy to take care of or all of the above? I would be glad to give you some answers after you give us more info!
:)

Cherry barbs or a tetra if some type would be my choice. :)

Fishperson said:
I recommend some kind of tetra or danio, but it depends on your tank size. Do you want them to be colorful, hardy, active, or easy to take care of or all of the above? I would be glad to give you some answers after you give us more info!
:)

The OP said 20 gallons.

Kerri Tetras. Hands down my favorite tetra. They are a really deep blue and almost look fake.

Rummy nose tetras. Really colourful, very active and tight schoolers. Only problem is their sensitive

Back
Top Bottom