What kind of water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishStarter89

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am soon goign to begin cycling my first aquarium. Actually it's not my first, I had one about 5 years ago but there was a lot about fish keeping that I didn't know and all my fish died with 6 months. Back then I was reading a book that said that all of the water in my tank had to be store-bought distilled water. There was noting more discouraging about a PWC than having to go to the store and buying an uncarryable amount of water jugs and then carry them inside. Sometimes I would have to make multiple trips to the store for water jugs because they wouldn't all fit in my car. Is there any way around this?

Tap water is fine, unless your tap water is really really bad. Use of a good dechlorinator, like Prime, is all you need, and you should be set.

wow. all that work must've sucked. i dont like walking to the bathtub to do water changes. how many bottles of water did you buy at a time?

do you have well water or does your city/town supply it?

Yeah it did, I had to carry 15 two gallon jugs through a door and up a flight of stairs just to change the water. My town supplies the tap water. I've personally been on a tour through the purification facility since my grandfather is on the town utilities board and it seems sanitary enough.

i'm pretty sure that if the water has purification it's gonna have chlorine
and will def need to be treated.

what size was your tank? 155?

My tank size is probably going to be a 29 gallon unless I can scrape up a enough to go for the 55 gallon. Yeah, I anticipated it having chlorine in it so I was going to get the Seachem Prime conditioner that everybody is talking about. Will that do the job?

Back
Top Bottom