Anemone solution required

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2pac.biggie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello my aquatic friends I need help regarding my anemone. This is my 1st bubble tip anemone and I've had it for about 2weeks now. In that 2weeks it's found a spot in my tank, opened up and etc. my 2 percular clowns have hosted it aswel. BUT last night my anemone was closed up really small for some reason :s so What I did was left the moonlight on and went to sleep. The next morning (today) it was opened up and really happy and etc. I've just come back from work and its gone smaller then before and the mouth is kinda open. I've been told that's not a good sign for anemone. Soo what is the best solution?

Lighting:- white/blue LED
Temp:- 72/76f

Attachments

• image-2943837134.jpg
    image-2943837134.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 92
The place that I got it from told me its a bubble tip and it does have a round end to some of its tip lol so with regards to my anemone there's nothing to worry about?

From what you're telling me I don't see a reason to worry as long as the lighting is sufficient. I seem to recall a post about that already, so I'll call that covered.

But yeah, I see a tan sebae rather than a BTA. At the tip of the tentacles is a purple dot, right? Either way, I'd say you won out if you got a sebae for bta price imo.

Ye it is purple on the tip lol so the fish guy at my LFS lied lol I'm not going back to them they don't no **** lol they go that a yellow tang is ok for a 20gallon tank when it's clear it's not :s

Wow.... A yellow in a 20.... That's actually sad. Only need another 100 gallons until you can keep one :p

They are sad I've realised that they just wanna sell and that's all. But I've found another place near me and they alright but il still do my research before I get anything :)

2pac.biggie said:
Hello my aquatic friends I need help regarding my anemone. This is my 1st bubble tip anemone and I've had it for about 2weeks now. In that 2weeks it's found a spot in my tank, opened up and etc. my 2 percular clowns have hosted it aswel. BUT last night my anemone was closed up really small for some reason :s so What I did was left the moonlight on and went to sleep. The next morning (today) it was opened up and really happy and etc. I've just come back from work and its gone smaller then before and the mouth is kinda open. I've been told that's not a good sign for anemone. Soo what is the best solution?

Lighting:- white/blue LED
Temp:- 72/76f

They open and close often, dont freak out about it. It happens :p

Oooo thanks I was getting worried its gonna die or sumat lol

Back
Top Bottom