BTA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin0329

Aquarium Advice Freak
I picked up a bta a few days ago. As it was really inexpensive (free), it appears to be bleached. It is pure white! I mean bright white. Is there any possibility of it surviving? It acts as if it is doing well but I don't know if it will get its color back or if it ever had any color to start. Its really small right now. About the size of a quarter. Here's a pic...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130506_200643.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130506_200643.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 102
From the picture it appears to be a little blue or green. Don't be fooled. Its just my poor cell phone camera. However, a little about my tank... its a 210 that has been up and running for about a year. Everything moved over from a 55 that was running for about a year and a half. I'd like to say it is established. I have the 55 as the sump now. My water changes are done at 15% weekly religiously. Ammonia: ∅, nitrites: ∅, and nitrates <5 ppm. Salinity is stable at 1.025 and temp hovers at 77°. My lighting consist of a metal halide fixture with 3 250 watt bulbs and a 48" t5 ho fixture housing 4 actinic bulbs. From all the research I have done, I think I am capable of keeping an anemone happy. If there are any other opinions, please let me know or if there is any other ideas on what I should do. Thank you again for the quick response.

Now my BTA has moved about 6" to an overhang. I'm concerned that it may not be getting enough light. Should I attempt to move it or should I wait it out to see if it will move out on its own? If I should wait it out, how long is safe?

Mr x is correct even if you move it, it will end up being more stressed and running away. I tricked my bta on a rock buried in the sand. After a few days he disent move because i believe they dont like walking on the sand. I maybe wrong though

Back
Top Bottom