Bubble Tip won't anchor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisc0930

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had a bubble Tip anemone in my aquarium for a couple days now and it just won't anchor to anything. It's currently sitting on the bed of my tank good color and good bulbs but it's not as big and full as it was when it was at the LPS. It won't grab the krill I tried to feed it but one of my clowns has hosted it.

Water parameters are:
Nitrate 0
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
PH 8.2 - 8.4 ( color is so closely resembled I can't tell which
Calcium 440
Phosphate 0.25 (can't seem to drop it to zero, have done multiple water changes)
I have a bacteria pack that is set in my tank from bioverse and all other tank mates and corals are very happy

Lighting is marine land reef capable led. 1watt bulbs with 36 bulbs, shines very bright for daytime lights. Daytime lights run 8 hours per day before switching to blue for approximately 4 hours before shutting off for the night. (Bare in mind this same light housed a green carpet anemone for many years before I sold it back to LPS as it got too big and troublesome)

I have an easy water flow right now with my pump, the tenticles are moving and it's not knocking the anemone over. I need to upgrade my pump but at the same time, I'm afraid to because with it not being anchored I'm afraid it'll blow around the tank. The foot looks good, no sign of damage. How long will it take to set it's foot? It hasn't even attempted to move around the tank yet. Have had it since this past sunday.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi there it is quite common for them to move around in the beginning until they find a spot they like you could try placing it in a crease of a rock or rocks and turn your flow pumps off for an hour so, so it can't float off which may give it time to anchor it self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! That's the thing, he doesn't even move. He just s it's there unanchored

Ya, he was I originally higher and let himself fall

I guess you're just have to be patient some are more finicky then others i'm sure it will settle eventually ,good luck[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

place him where you want shut off your power heads , otherwise he will just float all over
is he attached in the sand some do that , place him and feed him a small piece of shrimp to make him happy and he will most likely stay.

I have crushed coral, not sand. It looks like he is attached to some crushed coral pieces but he isn't attached to any of my live rock, he's just kind of sitting there. He looks healthy and his tenticles are bubbly and waiving, he's just lost some size since being introduced, he's not anchored to anything, and he's not eating

if he seems content leave him were he is, another thing you could try kill all the lights shine 1 bright light where you want him let him follow the light nems love their light.

Back
Top Bottom