Clown Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClamKnuckle

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Are there any major differences, besides coloration, between the True Percula and Ocellaris (spelling?) clowns (i.e. temperament, likeliness to host with corals, compatability)

As far as behavioral differences not really. Amphiprion Percula is a little more fussy when it comes to hosting anemones but not as choosey with surrogate coral host. The Ocellaris is much less picky with either. Ocellaris will tend to be a little less fiesty as well but will aggressively defend their territories just the same when threatend.

Cheers
Steve

Captive bred (or TR) is a much better choice if available. They are already acclimate to captive care, healthier and typically (but not always) disease free. I have a mated pair of TR A. perculas that are just as robust and active as any WC pair.

Cheers
Steve

Yeah LiveAquara is where i plan on buying them from when the time comes...I don't mind the extra dollars if it is better on the fish and the environment

Back
Top Bottom