feather duster just evacuated HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My feather duster just evacuated from his tube. He is still moving around, not dead. Will it find a new local or is it dying and needs to be removed before the inevitable .

I have no Idea bro but I want to let you know that the admins here are pros and they will point you in the right direction. It's not alot of comfort but it's all i have :(

Doan

that's why i posted this thread here.
I put him back in his tube and he's comimg out again.
thx

What are your water parameters? Are there any fish bothering it? I really don't know much about them (dusters have never really interested me) but I think what you did is probably the best course of action for the duster. I would be concerned now with what caused it to bail?

He came back out. I turned it around facimg the current thinking maybe he was week and the current was pulling him out. It actually looks like he's trying to get out. He's been out for a couple of hours now but he's on the bottom just moving around like a worm. Lot a life for something to be dying. No other fish (now that the Mandarin is gone) cleaner shrimp, snails, hermits. :cry:

0 Amonia
0 N2
0 N3
8.0-8.2 Ph
1.025 salinity

I have read that dusters may leave their tubes in response to low oxygen levels. Apparently this leads to death after a few days.

Do you have low surface agitation and/or higher temps? Perhaps you have a low oxygen condition because your params that you posted look great.

or maybe just something flukey going on.

it may be that it wanted to move, but the tube was attached and it couldnt. I know that in this case, the worm will leave the case, find a better spot and rebuild its tube. It gets kind of slimey and will pick up the available substrate to build with.
I also know it is very vulnerable during this time.

speaking of this I noticed a tubeworm (featherduster) growing out of my turbo snail. (the crown is about 1/4 ") When the worm grows will this hurt either the duster or the snail?

Dela

Back
Top Bottom