fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cordodor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Last week, I noticed my pacific blue tang had what looked like a bleached out spot on his top fin and it kind of carried down onto his body a bit. This was about the best pic I could get. I went to the lfs and they gave me some tetracycline that he seems to be eatin up. It looks a little better, but this pic didn't really show how "bad" it was anyways. Is it some sort of fungus? Am I treating it correctly?
tang.jpg

Also, and this may be completely unrelated, my smaller percula clownfish has what looks like an open wound to me, but my girlfriend seems to think otherwise. Does this look familiar to anyone? In addition to feeding the tetracycline to everyone (which the clowns dont seem to like much) I added some additional NovAqua+ to the tank.
clown.jpg

I`m not much of a med person. but I would suggest once your medicine has gone the course I would do a series of PWC. Water params need to be checked.

parameters are good. only thing that is a bit off is that nitrates are ~15ppl

also, fish are acting like nothing is wrong. they look to be pretty happy...

well, not much of an update, but after the 3-day recommended med period for the tetracycline gel fed to the fish, I have stopped and gone back to my original variety of flakes, veggie flakes, brine shrimp. Really, only the tang ate the gel anyways, so the clowns were HUNGRY.

What I've thought was a form of fungus on the tang has not improved, so I've moved on to the next suggestion by the LFS guy. I'm using BOTH Pimafix and Melafix. I started last night and will continue for seven days as instructed.

http://www.fishjunkies.com/Medications/pimafix.php
http://www.fishjunkies.com/Medications/melafix.php

I'll update later as I observe changes.

after 2 days of the previously mentioned all natural Pimafix and Melafix treatments, the "bleach spot" on the tang is shrinking. I think it's working! I'm going to continue the treatments daily though as instructed for the full 7 days.

tangfix.jpg

Back
Top Bottom