Fungus/Fin rot on bannerfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have got a little white spot on the fin of my bannerfish. It has been there for a few days. Everyday it seems to grow larger and look like some fungus thing on it. Doesn't look like whitespot or anything. Any idea what it is and how to cure it? Will it spread to my other fishes? I don't have a good camera to take picture on the thing that small sorry.

Alot of times, bacterial infections/fungus can be cleared up just through time and doing extra water changes. I would start there and see what happens. The fish is eating well and behaving otherwise normal?

I agree with Cindy about doing PWC`s and getting your water in excellent condition.

He is acting extremely normal for a start. He is eating well and swimming well. Eats a ton. Sometimes even before I put the food in he will already swimming out on top of the water I can almost hand feed him.

I think water parameters plays a part. I just had my tank for 2 months, nitrate at 10 and phosphate still at 0.5ppm. I am doing about 7% waterchange everyweek to try to get rid of these. Also just added a skimmer last night already pulling tons and tons of tea like stuffs out of the water. I think there should be improvement tonight when I do the test again. Other fishes also doing extremely well, 1 yellow tang, 10 chromis, 1 o.clown, 1 cleaner wrasse, 1 twinspot goby and a bicolor blenny.

I know this sounds like too much for a 2 months old tank hence the fungus thing on the bannerfish and detection for nitrate and phosphate. The skimmer should do well. It is rated for a 1000 litre tank and my tank is only 500lt. I am getting this because I might want to keep corals in future.

Back
Top Bottom