goby and sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys!!!I m sorry that i bother you so much in last couple days.I always think that can be the last question and i always come up with another one.It is again about my new yellow tang and goby.After watching them in QT for 2 weeks yesterday i spot 3 white spots on diamond goby:(.I guess i have to start for the first time in my live hyposalnity:-?You guys recommend this over copper.I have to read more,but i think i have to go to 1.009 in first 36 h.Right now i have sand<crushed gravel>in QT for goby to feel good.My question is should i remove sand before i start hyposalnity>How he will do with no sand.Goby s love sand.Right?Thanks again.O and you can see my tank on tanks showcase.

Please read this article on hyposalinity. What type of goby is it, and is it eating frozen or other prepared foods now?
"This fish can be difficult to keep in the aquariums without live rocks and live sand.”

You definitely do not want crushed coral in a QT tank. It's hard enough to maintain stability without having something that traps detritus. Sand may be ok, but I doubt anything will live in it during hypo. If it's aragonite it may help buffer the pH slightly. My preference is bare bottom so I can easily vacuum the bottom. Include several PVC sections for hiding places.

Hi guys!!!I m sorry that i bother you so much in last couple days.I always think that can be the last question and i always come up with another one.I

No problem man esp when it involves parasites and disease. Post as much as you want. Read this on the QT and some ways to treat.

An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: A Quarantine Tank for Everything by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part I by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part II by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

Well, hang on a sec. Can you post your water parameters and a pic? I'd like to see the spots. If you have CC or sand in your QT, they may only have a piece or a few simply stuck on them. I've even seen bubbles on my fish that scared me.

Back
Top Bottom