hippo tang help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smarkalan83

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had my tank for over year and a half...I have a blue hippo tang that has been in there since the beginning...she is about 4 or 5 inches and I just recently noticed that I could start to see her bones...I feed every other day and give seaweed now and then to snack....everytime I go to feed her and my other 3 fish swim to top and wait for the food...I see her eat every time but don't know why she is not fat like she used to be....should I be feeding more often or is there an illness I don't know about....please help thanks...

Smarkalan83 said:
I have had my tank for over year and a half...I have a blue hippo tang that has been in there since the beginning...she is about 4 or 5 inches and I just recently noticed that I could start to see her bones...I feed every other day and give seaweed now and then to snack....everytime I go to feed her and my other 3 fish swim to top and wait for the food...I see her eat every time but don't know why she is not fat like she used to be....should I be feeding more often or is there an illness I don't know about....please help thanks...

It is starving.Start putting some algae strips on a clip every day.

My tangs go through 2-3 strips a day and that's just two of them. Also, try supplementing with vitachem and garlic to entice her to eat and get her healthy again.

Back
Top Bottom