Hole in my angel fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr.greenthumb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a juvenile emperador and it has a huge hole as big as a pea on the side of its body.. I have about a 5 inch hippo tang... Could they of fought or is it a parasite?

Attachments

• image-1906424453.jpg
    image-1906424453.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3897113002.jpg
    image-3897113002.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 108
No there are 2 yellow tangs and a sailfish tang big enough to be able to injure him but still I haven't seen them fight..

What size tank? What are all the fish? Is this angel a new addition to the tank? How quickly did this appear?

150 gallon various tangs and yes he is new and I noticed it yesterday and the hole is big!

Unusual, I would have said a puffer bite, they can leaves holes because of their shaped beaks. I take it wasn't there when you bought him? I would keep an eye on the tank, if he is a new addition he could be being bullied by someone.

That's what I think but I don't have very aggressive fish so i dont know it weird

You don't hear about it as much in Angels as you do in Tangs, but maybe HLLE? What are your parameters? What kind of filtration? HLLE does not have definitive causes, but seems to be linked to stress, poor water conditions, poor nutrition, possibly stray voltage and even using carbon filters. Did it start small and grow or was it normal one day and big hole the next?

Tangs can get territorial, so one of them might have got him. That could be it if its an overnight sort of thing.

You don't hear about it as much in Angels as you do in Tangs, but maybe HLLE? What are your parameters? What kind of filtration? HLLE does not have definitive causes, but seems to be linked to stress, poor water conditions, poor nutrition, possibly stray voltage and even using carbon filters. Did it start small and grow or was it normal one day and big hole the next?

Tangs can get territorial, so one of them might have got him. That could be it if its an overnight sort of thing.

Was this fish quarantined before being put into the DT?

I was thinking HLLE as well.. Definitely have to monitor it as much as possible.

Frank

Was this fish quarantined before being put into the DT?

I was thinking HLLE as well.. Definitely have to monitor it as much as possible.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom