Ick ... Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicolea

Aquarium Advice Activist
So since I added a chromi and clown goby from my LFS; my big 3-4inch black ocellaris broke out in ICK; Im away for work right now and I'm having my Dad take care of the tank, my ammonia was up 0.25 for 2-3 days., did a 5 gallon WC and things are okay now. He did the WC yesterday and woke up this morning and found him covered... its a 50 gallon tank, so i doubt that water change could of stressed him out that bad?

--Im new to saltwater so before diving in; i just sent him to the LFS where they said they will help sick fish

-if I have to deal with this again; this is what I am planning on doing...

- i wont have too big of fish in my tank since its only 50g; so i was going to get a 10g hospital tank; no substrate; heater; do i need a filter?
- not really familiar with how hospital tanks should be set up...
-i would treat with a lower salinity .. to start... than whats the best meds? copper?
-thanks for the help.. this hobby i was so excited for is now turning into a nightmare :(

nicolea said:
So since I added a chromi and clown goby from my LFS; my big 3-4inch black ocellaris broke out in ICK; Im away for work right now and I'm having my Dad take care of the tank, my ammonia was up 0.25 for 2-3 days., did a 5 gallon WC and things are okay now. He did the WC yesterday and woke up this morning and found him covered... its a 50 gallon tank, so i doubt that water change could of stressed him out that bad?

--Im new to saltwater so before diving in; i just sent him to the LFS where they said they will help sick fish

-if I have to deal with this again; this is what I am planning on doing...

- i wont have too big of fish in my tank since its only 50g; so i was going to get a 10g hospital tank; no substrate; heater; do i need a filter?
- not really familiar with how hospital tanks should be set up...
-i would treat with a lower salinity .. to start... than whats the best meds? copper?
-thanks for the help.. this hobby i was so excited for is now turning into a nightmare :(

My LFS states he scratched his eye and it turned into a bacterial infection. Getting treated there now.

Back
Top Bottom