identificaton/sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatyKat

Aquarium Advice Activist
I went to my local lfs two days ago to purchase a new addition to my tank. The guy showed me like twenty different things but what i left with, i am pretty sure is frogspawn? Anyways its attatched to a plug so i just set it on top of a piece of liverock untill ot adjusts. I woke up this morning to find it imitting this thick clear slime? Any ideas? Its aboit seven inches from a small frag of candy cane coral and no where near my kenya tree or gsp. My peramiters are as follows:
Ph: 8.4
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite:0ppm

ForumRunner_20131009_095926.jpg

ForumRunner_20131009_095926.jpg

ForumRunner_20131009_095955.jpg

ForumRunner_20131009_100007.jpg

ForumRunner_20131009_100038.jpg

Nitrate:0ppm.
I am giving a calcium supplement amd feeding regularly.
my lighting is 400 lumens LED.

Looks like a candy cane skeleton? Does not look like a frogspawn. If it is a frogspawn upon introducing it to a new tank they are prone to brown jelly disease, if this is the case which I don't think it is a lugol's dip solution would help. I will include a picture of my frogspawn for you.

image-2848096323.jpg

I have 2 frogspawn heads that died a while back. that skeloton does not look like a frogspawn. Bubble coral skeleton perhaps?

That coral is dead. It's definitely euphyllia though. You can see one last tentacle in the last pic.

Yea i thought it was weird looking and it does have the same stalk as my candycane now that you mentioned it. I assumed it was brown jelly so i moved it to my qt right away. Im so confused about this..why would he sell me a dead coral? Oh well ill toss it when i get home and pick up one from my TRUSTED lfs in a few weeks. Thanks for the help guys!

Yea it did! And if something was wrong with my tank or water i feel like all my other stuff would be suffering also.

Back
Top Bottom