jawfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes they are very skittish till thy settle in and build a home! need lights to turn off slowly to allow them to settle in for the night as well ! keep a tight lid on the tank to keep them from jumping! imo once they settle in and your staggering you lights off slowly then the top can come off and they wont jump :)

no get one or two or three or four.

they are by far the coolest fish I have kept so far!

maybe 1 will be good for your 10 gallon.

great! ill prolly get one tomorrow, quick question about QTing them though, should i provide him with some crushed coral in the QT or just some PVC? i'd hate to have him be terrified for 4 weeks, and i'd also hate for him to settle in and build a home only to be taken away from it. what did you guys do? also, i got a mesh mesh screen to put over the openings, i'll secure it with velcro, but i wanted something that would allow air and light to ge through, is this acceptable? or do i have to go with egg crate? TIA!

i cant though, i already have a clownfish and my tank is only 10gal so two fish is my limit.

qt is your choice 100% but i never have with mine :) feel its better to get him in and settled :)

hmmmm.... i'd hate to not QT him though, what if he's got something? i'd hate to have to let my tank fallow for 6 months! that would be torture!!!!

Well it would only have to be fallow for about 6 weeks to be safe IMO, but I have had to many problems from sick fish, so qt please.

I wish I was as lucky as ScubaSteve!!! :p

yea if you qt then yes cause he will not be happy without it ! but imo with just a clown in the tank you would be ok ! but im very lucky with those issues :) but one question were are ya buying it from ? online or local fish store ? i buy most my fish from a local store thats on top of ich issues

well i went to get one last night, and they were all out. their gonna order them for me though, so i should have one next tuesday :D

if you have at least 2 tubes have one turn off then the next ones at 30 min apart !
or mh then o3 30 min later
also having moon lights help as well !
after the day lights go out they will settle in before the last lights go out ! other wise they can spook and roam the tank all lost

Back
Top Bottom