noticed a red spot on my lobo and a little red dusting on the sand just below the spo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhayes462

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got home today and noticed a red spot on my lobo and a little red dusting on the sand just below the spot. It looked like the flesh was receding too. I turned the coral around to get a good picture. The red on the sand just floated away. I already know its bleached, I bought it like that and have had it about a month. I feed it about every 2-3 days. I think I've heard of a flesh eating algae, is this it? What can I do to save it? I need help fast. I love this lobo and don't want to lose it.

Attachments

• image-3601771154.jpg
    image-3601771154.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 113
  • image-3459601877.jpg
    image-3459601877.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 78
A look from the top down would help, but it seems your lobo died some time ago. All that remains is the skeleton with cyano growing on it. Is cyano present elsewhere in your tank?

Actually, it's just real bleached. It still has flesh and swells up and puts feeder tentacles out. It eats very well too. It's retracted like that because I moved it to get a picture. Here's a better one from the other side. I've been researching and I think it might be brown jelly desease?

Oops, here's the new pic

Attachments

• image-3135108222.jpg
    image-3135108222.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 108
Brown jelly is Kind of floaty and stringy. I'm not sure that's it. Can you blow it off?

No, it's almost like the flesh is bruised. It's the actual flesh that is brown.

That's how it looked to me. It may just be dying. I don't know about that type of coral but I know on a torch mr x said take a dremmel tool and cut the dying part off. Maybe someone else will reply.

Back
Top Bottom