OK Another fish died....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I will get some AmQuel or something, and try city water and see how bad it does.

I aclimate for 2 hours usually, which is the high end of aclimation that I have read on the net.

That LFS is the only one around here. The only other option is mail order.

They seem to sell a lot of SW fish (Had no clue this town had many SW tanks) because they are always out of clownfish, and running low on other fish too.

The important thing isn't how long you acclimate for... it is that your water parameters match as closely as possible by the time the fish goes into the QT tank. Yesterday when I got my gBTA I tested the parms before I started acclimating and found that my numbers were just about dead on. I acclimated him for an hour anyway just to get him used to whatever else is in my water that isn't in his but since the parms matched I didn't acclimate for as long as I acclimated the fish for. With the fish I dumped out 1/2 the water when the volume doubled about 3 times! The salinity that they came in at was 1.020 and I had to get them all the way up to 1.025. That took much longer than the gBTA (2-2.5hrs).

I always double check the SG & pH before moving them. If they don't match I keep going!

Back
Top Bottom