Poor little guy...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serge

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have had these two new green chromis for 8 days now. One is doing fine, eating weel and swimming about normally, doing the usual fish things. The other one tho, started to act up in the last 2 days. I was just observing for a while and he looks like he is inflated (bloated??). He is not a happy fish. Did not eat for the last 2 days and seems to just hang around the same corner of the tank. He is finning like there is no tomorrow. He is also pumping his mouth like crazy. It's about the best I can describe it. They are both in the QT with about ten snails before going to the main tank.

I really want to help this little guy but not sure what to do. He appears so in distress. Any tips or suggestions to help him out will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

TLC and checking water params as suggested. One thing about damsels (Chromis included) is the LFS's (most) do not acclimate well... They open the bag and dump them in.. Shame really.

I have had some that started out like you mention and make it through.. I have also had some that didn't...

I hope all goes well..

Cheers,

RIP little buddy...

Well, my little buddy was flat on the bottom when I checked this morning. I am not overly sentimental but it saddens me a wee bit when these little creature die. I buy them, they are in my care and responsibility, but.... Sometimes there is nothing I can do about it and it annoys me. On the other hand, all the snails are still fine and his remaining buddy still looks fine, tho he seems a little nervous today. Can't blame him, his buddy has disappeared. 8O Makes you wonder what they might think sometimes.

End of thread.

:(

PS: Thanks for the input folks.

Just out of curiousity, were you feeding pellet? I had a few do this as well and began to suspect overeating of pellet as the cause. I had read an article about goldfish overeating and having the pellet swell in their stomachs, ultimately compressing the swim bladder. I began feeding soft foods and had no more problems. These little guys are gluttons.

No, just crushed flakes and frozen mysis shrimps. Had to crush the flakes because some are too large for their mouth.

Thanks,

:)

Back
Top Bottom