Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
reef2

As you can see my mushroom on the right and zoos on the left wont open and I dont understand, I test for everything and this tank has been up for years. Any suggestions maybe something Im missing?

My salt level was at 1.021 and yesterday I did a water change and got it up to 1.023, tomorrow I plan on getting it up to 1.025 with another water change. You think that could be the issue? PH 8.0 , Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0, Alk normal, temp 78, calcium 500, phosphate 0

My salt level was at 1.021 and yesterday I did a water change and got it up to 1.023, tomorrow I plan on getting it up to 1.025 with another water change. You think that could be the issue? PH 8.0 , Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0, Alk normal, temp 78, calcium 500, phosphate 0

Yes it can be. you will have to fix the problems one by one I would also get that cal down some. What's your mag?

How would I get the cal down?
I don't test for mag should I?

A high calcium will only cause an issue with Alk and scale build-up. It won't harm corals. But it will cause your ALk to lower thru precipitation and also cause excess build up on equipment. If you're dosing, I would cut back (or even stop), if not, I wouldn't worry. Trying to raise Alk will lower calc BTW.

Back
Top Bottom