sick clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmkx3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a clown that looks like maybe she was injured? The right side of her face is red and looks like it maybe swollen. SHe is not eating and hides. At first I noticed that her behavior had changed. The two clowns never leave there hosting spot. A week before she stopped eating she was wondering around the tank and not sleeping in the same spot. At first I thought maybe they were nesting because the smaller clown became very aggressive, he even bite me when I was cleaning the inside of the tank walls. But now my larger clown is sick. I have had these fish 3 years.

125g w/125lbs lr
hob filter,skimmer

2 clowns tank raised
blue powder tang
foxface

2 large hermit crabs

It sounds like some type of injury. Just keep an eye out. You might have to treat for a bacterial infection if it gets worse.

I know about using garlic to get them to eat, but that doesn't seem to be working. How long can they go without eating. is there a way to treat him other than thru there food? I haven't moved him out of the tank yet. I have the tank separated off so that only the clowns are on one end. I have a ten gallon that i can set-up if i need to but I think that moving them stress them even more. If i need to move him to medicate I will.

Do you have a QT? Maybe get the little clown in a seperate QT by itself in order to watch it , let it have time to heal by itself and treat for bacterial infections if needed. Also being by itself in a QT will allow it to get more food. Try some frozen or live foods if hes not wanting to eat. Those will usually tempt most fish. Most fish can go a while without eating, but we should try to find out why hes not.

Post a picture if possible, so we can see whats going on and try to help more.

I have a ten gallon that i could move her to but I was trying to avoud that if I could. She I swimming around a little now and comes out when I feed. I haven't actually seen her eat anything. She has a knot on the side of her face that was red before. I moved the two hermit crabs to a tank by themselves ( the ten gallon). I think maybe one of them got her while she was asleep. I moved them cause I know that with her being weak they would mess with her. The other fish aren't bothering her. What can I put in the tank to help her heal? Thanks so much

Back
Top Bottom