Sick Clown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarineFlake

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had this tank about a year. It came with all the fish/coral, etc. Ever since I've had it this clown has started to develop these black dots all over him. If you have info, please post up!

Thanks,
-PC

A yup. Been a few months shy of a year now and started with none (At least that I noticed) and has progrssed to what you see inthe picture. He's still happy and eating, etc, just these dots so far..maybe fish skin cancer?? /shrug As you can see in the photo he's made the brain his home. He used to hang out in the finger leather coral, but he moved. Niether sting to my knowledge and I've not had anything in the tank that could sting bad enough until I got the galaxea. I'm at a bit of a loss.

Thanks

I believe him living in a coral has caused this. I dont think it's anything to worry about though, i have seen pics of peoples clowns who host toadstool leathers and sometimes they have black dots from the polyps.

Same thing here w/my False Percs. When they were very young, they were very orange. Almost within a week of being in my tank they developed black spots. Now that the've grown older, the orange is much darker, and the spots have blended away. And they do also host a Toadstool Leather.

Back
Top Bottom