sick maroon clown :0(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldenPuffer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I am sorry I might not be in the right place but I'm knew to this and I am really worried about my fish I got a maroon clown fish today ge started looking kinda sick and has like a slimie coat and is not acting normal he looks like very weak I took him out of my tank and put him on new water and some oxygen to try to see whats wrong does anybody out there have a clue of what might it be :0( ?

Bonz said:
Whats the parameters of your tank water?

Uhmm I'm new what does that mean? I'm sorry I'm bearly getting use to it all my water salt is 1.022 level and I tested the amonia with a amonia tester and is good. My tank is a 100gal and I have a yellow tang, a trigger niger, two regular orange clowns, a dogface puffer, a porcupine puffer, a gobbie sand cleaner and live rock. The sad thing is he died last night :0( he looked weak and seem like he's fins where hurt I'm not sure if the other fishes might of maybe stressed him out or hurt him but is weird cus I've been having all of them in the tank for like 3 months and they interacted well with each other so I'm just sad. Maybe some one can help me what I need to do I am very lost and unsavy this is a hobby we decided to take as a family and we love learning but not like this is sad to see your fish die. HELP!!! :0) THANK YOU!!

How long have you had the maroon clown exactly?? It could have been brooklynella or amyloodinium.

How often do you do water changes on your tank?

Be'n that you already have a pair of clown fish I advise at not get'n a third. Because the two that are pair'd up will team up and pick on the other one til it dies of a beat'n or stress. about the other fish and how they get along but I know tangs are a tough fish to keep. real finiky. I know you said you have live rock but you should have about 1.5 to 2 lbs of live rock per gallon. Now I know you said you have 100 gal tank so it'll take quite a bit of rock but thats somet'n you can slowly chip away at. And as for what was wrong with the fish I'm not sure and sorry that it happened but in the long run I think someth'n bad would have went down with him and the other clowns.

Here are a few links to read that might help you out a bit. One lets you know which fish get along best with each other and the other kinda gives you a breakdown of things you should have for you're set up. Good luck.
Saltwater Fish Compatibility Guide
Stock list and tips for maintaining your SW tank.

Thank you so much mike that's some good advice plus love the site recomended I actually am learning allot there especially the defenition of all these words I see that I don't understand lol but yeah I did not know that clowns ouldnt be in odd numbers that's so good to know specially cause my goal after I get the hang of this salt water stuff I would love to breed clowns that's my goal! So thanks for the heads up! Cause I seriously need all the help I can get :0)

We all needed help once before and still do from me to time:facepalm:, that's why we are all here:D. All the answers you need are just a question away on this site and some pretty good advice too. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask if you need any help.(y)

Back
Top Bottom